Our monitoring service is hosted in our SOC’s (Security Operations Centres) and continuously polls the client’s appliance. It collates the information and runs in excess of 150 checks against the status of the hardware and software. Amongst this myriad of tests, the monitoring :
- Ensures the system is alive and responding
- Alerts if updates cannot be PUSHed to the appliance
- Continuously feeds back the attacks being encountered by the appliance to the security team
- Checks for the correct operation of the services on the appliance
- Runs tests to ensure the hardware is healthy, from fans to hard disk
The monitoring service reports all of these tests and many more back to the SOC’s where experts can see trends and provide solutions depending on the nature of the traffic.
In addition, Security Triggers can provide a wide range of different service levels which allows clients to choose the best monitoring solution for their company’s needs.
Each SOC collates the statistical information provided by its managed security appliances. This allows our global security network to see threats both locally and globally in real-time and, if required, pro-actively update all its clients’ boxes to the latest protection levels.
All information is also returned to the global SOC’s for further analysis, enabling a world view on the information and allowing us to see how trends are affecting the Internet and update clients' appliances accordingly.