Our Anti-Spam solution is the most comprehensive and effective gateway Anti-Spam solution in the market today. It provides 25 Anti-Spam engines, combining over a dozen different techniques and is backed by a vast database of Anti-Spam signatures. It provides true defence-in-depth, in a single managed gateway appliance.
Security Triggers Spam email gateway achieves an industry-record 97.5% detection rate, with almost zero false-positives.
Some of the solutions deployed by STriggers are:
- Co-operative Spam Checksums
This technique involves breaking apart a message and taking cryptographic checksums of each component of the message.
- Multi-layered, multi-engine Anti-malware
Based on M-Scan and Z-Scan techonolgy for Anti-malware
- Signatures and Spam Scoring
Lists of ‘signatures’ which match aspects of spam messages.
- White lists and Black lists
A list of words / patterns which make a message ‘ham’ (good email) or ‘Spam’.
By examining behaviour, tests can be designed to determine if an e-mail is Spam.
- Real-Time IP Blacklists
Lists of gateways known to be either:
- known sources of Spam
- known open-relays (allowing third-party relaying of messages)
- known dial-up networks
- Real-Time URL Blacklists
Lists of URLs used by spammers
- URL to IP Mapping and Blacklists
Lists of IP addresses used by spammers
- URL Categorisation
Using the on-board SurfControl database, URLs can be categorised
- Domain Age
If a domain is very young this can be an indicator of Spam.
- Bayesian Filtering
Statistical (or Bayesian) filters can be used to automatically maintain word / pattern white lists and blacklists, together with statistical probabilities as to whether the given word / pattern makes the message spam / ham.
- Challenge / Response Systems
Network Box can challenge previously unknown senders to check they are not spammers.
- Digital Signatures
This technique is normally used to indicate that an email message is ‘ham’ and is not used to determine spam.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Spam sent as pictures can be interpreted as text and hence detected.
Our email system is extremely configurable. Individual engines can be enabled or disabled based on tests, including:
- Direction of the message (inbound or outbound)
- Whether the message is being filtered (eg, POP3, IMAP4)
- Whether the message is redirectable (eg, SMTP)
- Globally (ie, for everything)
- Based on the content of a message headers
- Based on the proxy handling the message (eg, SMTP, POP3)
- Based on a single recipient of the message
- Based on a recipient being one of the recipients of the message
- Based on the sender of the messages
- Based on the sender IP address
- Individual engine parameters can be set to adjust scores and weightings to suit end-user requirements.